The Student News Site of Omaha South High School

The Tooter

The Tooter

The Tooter

Fashion sense and street style

Clothing and makeup trends can make an impression
Ashley Alvarez Tovar
South sophomore Jatziry Sandoval-Reyna shows off her unique fashion aesthetic.

Fashion and beauty can really define and express a person’s individuality without words. In fact, a lot of people’s first impressions are based off other people’s appearances.

Top clothing and beauty trends at South High for makeup and style for young women are truly diverse. Some styles popular today include both the feminine and streetwear aesthetics.

Sophomore Denise Lagunas said her style inspiration is Minatozaki Sana, a Japanese singer, because “she is so gorgeous and talented.” She said she enjoys her unique makeup style and the way she “uses makeup to enhance her features.”

Lagunas said she believes that the makeup brand Rom&nd, a South Korean cosmetics brand, provides some of the best lip tints and Korean beauty products.

“It’s so good that it made me go bankrupt!” Lagunas added. She also stated that she really likes vintage brands such as Silver Jeans Co. and Lucky Brand Jeans. She said she mostly finds her favorite brands at a variety of thrift stores or in Ragstock. Lagunas said her  favorite makeup look to pull it all together is the Dohyun look, a type of makeup style that is defined by soft, ethereal looks that give someone a doll-like appearance.

South Sophomore Zuleika Covarrubias also shared some of her favorite looks.

“I like Jordans because you can style them in different ways,” she said. Her go-to place to get her Jordans is an online site called GOAT, a global site that sells shoes and apparel.

Like many girls at South who are invested in trends, Covarrubias’ favorite makeup brands include e.l.f. and Tarte cosmetics. Because she is influenced by the streetwear aesthetic, when it comes to in-store shopping, Covarrubias said she purchases from True Religion, which is highly popular among South High students. Her go-to online stores are Fashion Nova and Shein.

“Shein has cute and affordable clothes that you can style,” she said.

View Comments (1)