The Student News Site of Omaha South High School

The Tooter

The Tooter

The Tooter

Concussions have always been a concern among both student and adult athletes.
Sports' worst enemy
May 20, 2024

Entrepreneur hopes to expand business

Student brings hip-hop, creativity into clothing line
Alex Silva and his brother design their own clothing line called Minor.

South High senior Alexander Silva is already a young entrepreneur with his clothing line.  

Silva, along with his older brother, own the clothing line Mínor (me-noor), which is short for minorities, he added.  

“Since we come from a Hispanic background, we include African Americans, Asians, and Native Americans, which are the minorities in the United State,” he said. Silva added though that the brand isn’t just for a single person; it’s for everyone. “The brand is not just for minorities though; it’s actually for people who feel different, left out, or by themselves.” 

Silva said that everyone who has ever bought their clothing is their part of their support, “and everyone who shouts us out is just positive and really helpful,” because running a small business is really hard work. 

According to Silva, they have designed many different types of clothing like T-shirts, hoodies, and zip-ups.  

The clothing line Mínor is one where they can put their creative thoughts into using the hip-hop culture and their minds together to make shirts they like while also spreading messages in the clothing they design.  

“Our main audience is people who like streetwear a lot as well as Christians because we like to represent God in some of our pieces, seeing he’s been used a lot recently, and also because me and my brother value God so highly because he is just the greatest to ever exist,” Silva said. 

Silva said he and his brother came up with the idea for their clothing line because when they were little, they liked streetwear and watched all these content creators with their crazy clothes, so they wanted to feel that experience. 

“What motivated the start up to the clothing brand was, we always wanted to have a clothing brand because we grew up watching all these YouTubers with so much stuff and crazy clothing, so we always wanted that type of stuff.”  

Silva said they hope to expand their business in the future. “Of course, we wish to expand in the future with a couple of shops around the world.”  

Their ultimate plan with Mínor is to “create a successful clothing brand to generate other businesses and to get Mínor to real fashion shows everywhere.” 

View Comments (3)