The Student News Site of Omaha South High School

The Tooter

The Tooter

The Tooter

Farewell to the dance floor

Captains say goodbye to leading the Luvabulls family
Luvabulls captains Melany Bravo and Hannah Kubiak reflect on their time on the dance floor.

In the wonderful world of dance where every step makes a move, senior captains Hannah Kubiak and Melany Bravo say goodbye to the Omaha South High Luvabulls family as their high school years come to an end.

Bravo’s infectious energy on the dance floor – along with Kubiak’s skilled moves – only scratch the surface of what made them the perfect pair to lead the Luvabulls team to greatness.

From the second they stepped onto the team, Kubiak and Bravo lit up the dance floor. Kubiak has been a member of the Luvabulls for three years and a captain for two, while Bravo has been a member for three years and a captain for one. As the Luvabulls went on to take part in competitions, they became regional champions, cheered on the sports teams, and most of all brought school spirit to South. “Being on the Luvabulls team will always be the best memory, and I will cherish it for years to come,” Kubiak said.

When Covid-19 was almost the end of the Luvabulls team, these two ladies never gave up hope and helped restore the team after their freshman year was cancelled due to the virus.

“We were sophomores the first year back after Covid cancelled a season, and we led the team to back-to-back regional championships,” Kubiak said. Through perseverance and a lot of challenging work, these two ladies helped rebuild the team. “Being a part of this team taught me to never give up,” Bravo said. These young ladies are truly remarkable and talented, but most of all they are inspirations to future Luvabulls.

Both Kubiak and Bravo agree that they will miss their team but are excited to see what life after South High has in store for them. “I’m sad that this year is coming to an end, but I’m so excited to start my piloting career at UNO next fall,” Bravo said. Kubiak is also going onto bigger things when summer wraps up.

“Next fall I’ll be following my dreams all the way to the University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC) to continue my dancing career,” Kubiak added. As sad as it is to see these wonderful ladies go, it softens the blow to know that they will both be going on to continue their education and pursue their aspirations.