The Student News Site of Omaha South High School

The Tooter

The Tooter

The Tooter

Back: Cynthia Martinez, Luis Peña, Allan Sanchez, Ava Yang, Nathalia Linares, and Evelyn Velazquez. Front row: Grecia Colin Aguilar, Oscar David Molina-Alfaro, Sarah Gonzales and Lauren Rindfleisch.
Raising our voices
April 19, 2024
Jeric Barton, John Centeno and Charles Northcutt make up part of Souths security team.
Beyond the uniform
April 10, 2024

Batter up!

South baseball team aims for victory this spring season
Evanny Nunez
Max Teeters readies himself to hit it out of the park.

As the spring sun begins to warm the fields, the anticipation for the upcoming South High School baseball season is rising, and the team is already gearing up for what looks to be a thrilling and competitive season. 

Under the guidance of Coach Gene Felise, the team has undergone rigorous training sessions that focus on refining skills, enhancing teamwork and building a strong bond between the players. The sounds of bats hitting balls and cleats pounding the ground can be heard on the Brown Park field as the players prepare for the season ahead. 

Chemistry is a key focus for South’s team this season. Senior Max Teeters, a member of the varsity team, said that this year’s team gives him hope.  “We can really go far this season; we’ve been practicing and training throughout the off season, and I think we’re ready.” The players have spent countless hours practicing together, both on and off the field, to build the trust needed for success in a fast-paced game like baseball. Teeters said that Felise emphasizes the importance of unity, believing that a tight-knit team will overcome any challenges that come their way. 

As the season is approaching, excitement and optimism are in the air, and the South baseball team is ready to create lasting memories on the field. This season looks to be filled with highs, lows and unforgettable moments as these young athletes strive for excellence on the field.