The Student News Site of Omaha South High School

The Tooter

The Tooter

The Tooter

Photo courtesy of IMDb.
Cinema sensations
May 9, 2024

Senior night spotlight

King, Kimble reflect on successes, senior year
Sean King and Keegan Kimble reflect on their high school sports careers.

In high school sports there is a senior night for the graduating class. It is held on the last home game of the season for all teams. It is usually a big night for families to come and support their seniors.

Two seniors from the boys’ basketball team gave their thoughts about their play towards the end of the season and how senior night went for them.

New transfer Sean King came to South in August but had an immediate impact on the Packers’ roster. He shared how he felt he played to end his senior year.

“I would say I played pretty decent,” King said. “I feel like I could have been a little more aggressive with the ball, but I am proud of how I performed this year.” Next, he elaborated on their senior night. “It went well. I came in thinking we would win our last home game, and we did just that.”

King finished the game with 17 points and grabbed nine rebounds to help the Packers defeat the Northwest Huskies. “I had lots of family there as well,” King added. “My mom and dad attended, as well as my stepdad and sister.” King will not be forgotten for his year at South and will continue to play basketball at the collegiate level.

Four-year South High attendee Keegan Kimble also spoke about his experience.

Since 2020, Kimble made significant effort, and it has led to improvement each year from the six-foot guard. He first talked about how he thought his season went.

“My senior year had lots of ups and downs, but I believe that I made the most of it. Senior night was OK, but I wish it was at night.”

Kimble finished with 12 points in the senior night win, and he described the game as an amazing memory he will remember forever. Kimble said he plans to continue playing basketball in the summer in order to get college looks.

“If that does not work out, I will go to a trade school to become an electrician,” Kimble said. To look back on Kimble’s impact on the team, he shared his favorite memory on the court. “My favorite memory was when I scored 20 points against Lincoln North Star my freshman year.”

Kimble said he aims to continue playing in college, and he’ll be remembered for his three-point shooting and perseverance as a leader on the South basketball team.

These hardworking guys were the team captains for the 2023-24 season. They went out and played hard each game performing when the lights were brightest, shining during their senior night.

View Comments (4)