The Student News Site of Omaha South High School

The Tooter

The Tooter

The Tooter

Sizzling summer recs

Perfect makeup picks for a long, hot season
Ashely Alvarez Tovar
e.l.f. offers a number of primers that are just perfect for summer complexions.

Review

Do you love makeup as much as I do? If so, keep reading to learn about some of my favorite makeup products that I personally recommend for summer!

First, always use a good primer to anchor your base. One I recommend is the Power Grip Primer by e.l.f. This is the blue primer which is good for dry and combination skin. This primer is super hydrating and grips your makeup, so it lasts all day. It is super sticky and grippy which some people don’t like the feeling of when patting it on, but it locks your makeup in place which helps prevent patchiness and separation of your foundation. But don’t worry; the sticky feeling goes away once foundation and the rest of your routine are completed. However, for oily skin sufferers, I recommend e.l.f.’s pink Power Grip Primer +4% Niacinamide instead.

Another excellent product for summer is the Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Longwear Concealer by Too Faced. This concealer is perfect for a bright under eye and for highlighting your skin. It’s medium to full coverage and can last up to 12 hours, which is perfect for summer when you’re sweating or out having fun.

If you want to wear makeup this summer but are worried about it melting from the heat, I highly recommend using Maybelline’s Fit Me Matte + Poreless Powder; it mattifies shine and is also full coverage. It also helps control any skin texturizing. This powder can last up to 12 hours and stays true to color; it’s also very affordable and can be found in Walmart and other drug stores. This was the first powder I used when I started learning about makeup, and I’ve been a loyal fan since; the product is just that amazing. I also recommended this powder to my friends years ago, and they also continue to use it.

But a setting powder is not complete without a loose powder to bake and sharpen areas. That having been said, I’m absolutely in love with the Easy Bake Loose Baking & Setting Powder by Huda Beauty. This powder brightens the under-eye area. It also takes away shine and lasts all day as well as leaving a natural finish. There’s also a pink shade named Cherry Blossom Cake if you would like to add a cute pink undertone.

And with summer coming, of course you can’t forget blush to add some color to your face! A blush that is trending right now is Blushed Duo Blush by Juvia’s Place; it’s a highly pigmented blush that is perfect for summer. You can choose between pinks, reds and even orange-toned tints.

The final product I recommend is the Retractable Rouge Gel Lip Liner from the Sephora Collection. This lip liner is very creamy and long lasting. It’s also not a hard, rough lip liner that hurts while applying. A very nice thing about this liner is that it comes with a built-in sharpener so there is no need to purchase one separately, making it perfect for summer if you’re carrying it around or if you’re in a rush while getting ready.

Take my advice, and you will spend your summer look looking phenomenal while out having fun!

View Comments (1)